Fall is undoubtably one of my favorite seasons. From the vibrant landscape of red, orange, and gold to the cool, crisp air, fall evokes a sense of nostalgia and warm/ cozy feelings that makes it one of my favorite times of year. After a long summer of track, I also enjoy the down time spent doing outdoor activities, long walks with my pup, and spending time with friends and family.
Also popular with fall- The pumpkin spice latte! I could pass from a latte from Starbucks but I am a sucker for any sort of pumpkin spice baking! My Pumpkin Spice Latte Granola is the epitome of fall flavors in a single bite. It marries the earthy notes of pumpkin, the warm embrace of spices, and the comforting hug of a latte in one delicious snack. Today is my first day back to fall training for track and I will most certainly be snacking on this between workouts. Today I have pilates in the morning followed by a easy track session this afternoon.
Along with my fall baking, fall floral buttercream cupcakes are happening over at Miche’s Niche!
This recipe is also super easy to make! Start by adding all the dry ingredients in one bowl, all the wet ingredients in a saucepan, and leaving the dried cranberries to the side until after the baking process. Heat the ingredients in the saucepan over medium heat until melted and smooth. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Bake at 325F for 30 minutes. Once cool add in the dried cranberries to the mixture for a touch of sweetness. See below for the full recipe.
This homemade treat combines the flavors of pumpkin spice lattes with the satisfying crunch of granola, making it a perfect addition to your autumn repertoire. Try this recipe and let the warm, cozy flavors of the season envelop your senses, one crunchy bite at a time. Enjoy your Pumpkin Spice Latte Granola!
Pumpkin Spice Latte GranolaCourse: Breakfast, SnacksDifficulty: Easy
Whether you sprinkle it on your yogurt, enjoy it with milk, or simply snack on it during a brisk afternoon, this granola is a true celebration of the season.
3 cups oats
1 cup pecans
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
1/3 cup butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp all spice
1/4 tsp cloves
1 tbsp espresso powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine together the oats, pecans, pumpkin seeds, and hemp seeds.
- In a small saucepan, combine the maple syrup, pumpkin, butter, brown sugar, spices, espresso powder, vanilla and salt. Stir ingredients over medium heat until melted. Pour melted ingredients over the dry ingredients in the large bowl and stir until combined.
- Transfer the granola mixture to the cookie sheet and spread evenly throughout the tray. Bake for 30 minutes total. After 15 minutes, stir the granola.
- When the granola is cooled, stir in dried cranberries. Store granola in airtight container.